Tuesday 22 January 2013

Work in progress

This bracelet has been sulking in my work-in-progress heap for an age. I finally put it together with copper beads and clasp and grey pearlised beads...couldn't find a copper wire guardian, so made do with silver, realised that just wouldn't do -  and flung it into a dark corner.

I got it out to reassess yesterday and thought that if I aged it with liver of sulphur, the silver would darken enough not to show up so blatantly. Then I noticed how badly the 'pearls' had fared (see yellow arrow) while the bracelet was feral. The coating had worn badly near the beadholes. So it's out with the snippers and on with a complete re-thread, minus pearly beads, plus antiquing. I'll show the results soon...soonish, anyway.

PS I've now got a 'follow' button up there in the margin. Little things make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment